You have requested additional documents from me. What shall I send and how shall I send them?

We sometimes require additional supporting documents to be sent through to us for a number of reasons.

Proof of address

If we've asked you for proof of address, please ensure that it is:

  • dated within the last 3 months
  • either a utility bill or bank statement
  • clearly showing your name and address
  • a copy of a paper document rather than an email or online screenshot

Bike Log Book (also known as V5C)

We'll need a copy of the front and inside pages of the V5C showing the vehicle details and registered keeper details.

If you have only recently purchased the vehicle we can accept the V5C/2, which is a small green slip given to you when ownership is transferred. You will then be required to send in a copy of the full Log Book within 4 weeks.

Proof of employment

We'll need to see a recent payslip or headed letter from the company confirming your employment. If it is a new job we'd require a copy of your letter of appointment or new contract. If you're Self-Employed, your most recent Tax Return would be required.

How to send us copies of your documents

Please include your policy number in all documents you send to us.


Text: 07537 416 059 Note: This number only accepts text messages.

Post: eBike, Brightside Park, Severn Bridge, Aust, Bristol, BS35 4BL

Need more help?

What documents do I have to send you for validation or to validate my policy?

​As part of the process of confirming all the information you gave us when you completed a quote is accurate, we need you to send us copies of your documents. We call this process validation.

I don’t have a paper counterpart licence. What should I do?

The paper counterpart licence is no longer a legally supported document. In place of the counterpart, you'll need to share your driving licence information with us using the government's online service.

How do I make a new claim or find out about a claim I have already reported?

To make a claim on your bike policy call 0333 005 2454, please have the details of the incident and your current Certificate of Motor Insurance to hand.

I have a query about my Direct Debit

​If you have a query about, or want to make a change to, your Direct Debit please call Close Brothers Premium Finance.

Am I covered to ride abroad?

eBike policies have 90 days cover for travel in EU Member states and countries which have agreed to follow European Directives approved by the commission of the EU.

Where can I find my policy wordings?

​You can view and download all of the policy documents eg Breakdown, Key Cover and Legal Expenses Cover, here.

How can I change the start date and time of my policy?

​Once you've paid for the policy we're unable to amend the start date or time. You can either wait for the start date and time to pass before riding or, if this isn't an option, you can cancel the policy.

You have requested additional documents from me. What shall I send and how shall I send them?

​​If you’ve been asked to provide additional documents please include your Policy Number and send copies of them to us by email, post or MMS.

Can you insure me before I take my full bike test?

​​​Yes. We provide on road cover for up to 14 days before your full bike test, provided that you are under professional tuition.

When will I receive my renewal invitation?

​​​​We will automatically create a renewal quote for you based on the information we hold for your policy. This will be sent to you by email and post 18 days before your policy expires.

Can you send me proof of my no claims discount?

Yes we can. Your renewal schedule (that we send to you by email and post) can be used as proof of your No Claim Discount entitlement.

What is a classic bike policy?

The eBike Classic Policy is only available for bikes registered more than 20 years ago. We can provide cover for up to four riders, aged between 25 and 69, on one classic bike per policy.